Windsor is one of Canada's best kept secrets, and the International Gateway between Canada and the U.S.A! With an average home price of approximately $100,000 less than the national average, Windsor makes home ownership possible. Experience an incredible community offering world-class entertainment, fascinating historical and cultural landmarks, and unparalleled waterfront parks and gardens.
Things to do or see:
- Visit the waterfront to journey through the Windsor Sculpture Park - an outdoor collection of larger-than-life sculptures.
- See the world-class collection housed in the The Chrysler Theatre Art Gallery of Windsor, and the historically significant collection in the Chimczuk Museum.
- Take in a theatre performance at The Chrysler Theatre ,The Capitol Theatre, The Kordazone Theatre, the Shadowbox Theatre, or the Olde Walkerville Theatre.
- Experience the thrill of gaming excitement or enjoy spectacular entertainment at the 5,000 seat theatre at Caesars Windsor Hotel & Casino
- Experience a sporting event or entertainment production at the WFCU Centre.
- Take the time to enjoy countless culinary options that truly reflect our ethnic diversity like Vito's Pizzeria, The Cook Shop, Healthy Mama, Basil Court or Pho Maxim Vietnamese Noodle House.
- The southern climate and 100 miles of waterfront make for excellent growing and harvesting conditions resulting in award winning wineries and breweries.
- Explore our historic Willistead Manor and Mackenzie Hall, or examine our proud heritage as the birthplace of the auto industry in Canada.
- Dive into our new, state-of-the-art family aquatic complex - home of the Adventure Bay Family Water Park.
- Windsor is home to 215 parks encompassing 2,800 acres of green space. Stop to explore the Ojibway Nature Centre, and the spectacular views along our waterfront.
- Perfect for travel, the Windsor International Airport offers fast, friendly service, close parking, low cost and a congestion-free terminal.
- Seek out murals spread throughout our community depicting stories of our past.
Your options are endless!
As a border city, we’re fortunate to be so close to Detroit which is a destination for everyone, with a lot of not-to-be-missed to-dos no matter your interest or tastes.
- Browse over 150 stores at the magnificent Somerset Collection.
- Visit one of the top 10 museums in the USA, and take in renowned works, including French Impressionist, German Expressionist, American and Flemish paintings and over 100 galleries at the Detroit Institute of Arts.
- Enjoy some of the best coffee shops Michigan has to offer.
- Experience a 982-acre island park complete with a zoo, aquarium, conservatory, Great Lakes museum and plenty of room to hike, barbecue, watch boats, bicycle and more at Belle Isle State Park.
- Explore Detroit’s first licensed distillery since prohibition and enjoy fine spirits produced with all local ingredients at Two James Spirits.
- See the best of Broadway or an exciting concert event at the elegant Fisher Theatre, Fox Theatre, the Detroit Opera House or The Fillmore
- Take in a game at Little Caesars Arena, Comerica Park, or Ford Field
- The greater Detroit region is home to 8 major airports providing travelers access to domestic and international destinations.
For a while, Detroit was known for vacant, crumbling homes and rock-bottom house prices but the future of Detroit is bright! In fact, it’s expected that the next national census will actually show the population is increasing in Detroit. So whether you’re planning a visit, or planning to relocate, Windsor - Essex offers Southern climate, lower cost of living, culturally diverse, friendly communities, right on the U.S. border.